As we prepare for the Term 2 classes to begin, we reflect on the inspiring results from Term 1. Our students are consistently learning and growing with each day of class on their path to literary success. This past term, we had 13 Ticket to Read classes with 145 students enrolled! Take a look at the info-graphic below outlining some of the student goals achieved in Term 1!
Some of the other highlights from the term include:
- 18 Students obtained a library card
- 97 Students completed a free reading book at their reading level or above
- 62 Students read a map or a bus schedule
- 69 Students read prescription or medical information
- 11 Students reserved a library book online
- 22 Students participated in their child’s school parent organization
- 28 Students had increased involvement in their child’s education/literacy activities
We are SO proud of the achievements by Term 1’s students! Are you interested in helping our students to achieve their goals? Get involved with Literacy KC today! Visit literacykc.org to learn more or call 816-333-9332.